High Desert Newsletter
- High Desert School
HDS Hawk Happenings Aug. 7, 2022
Posted by Michelle VanOrnum on 8/7/2022 7:00:00 AM
Dear High Desert Hawk Families,
Welcome to High Desert School! I hope that you are having a wonderful summer vacation and anticipating the beginning of a new school year. Registration Packet Pick-up went very smoothly. We are grateful to all of our High Desert community for their engagement in making the process run smoothly. Tomorrow, we will begin our annual school registration days during which parents and students will prepare for the first day of school, including course schedule distribution and information processing.
Please be sure to log in to Aeries and complete the online Document/Policy Review prior to arriving on Registration Day.
The following schedule is designed to help students and parents navigate the start of the year with relative ease.
August 8 and 9, 2022 - 8:00 am to 1:00 pm each day
- Formal Registration for Full Time Students (Aug. 8 - 5/6th Grade, Aug. 9 - 7/8th Grade)
- Submit documents from your registration packet
- Take your school photo for the yearbook and school ID card
- All students must adhere to the school dress code for ID card photos.
- Receive course schedule for the fall semester
- Schedule changes will be limited to cases of scheduling errors or omissions.
- Receive Student Planner and Textbooks
- Purchase Yearbooks/Spirit Packs/Spirit Wear/Athletic Wear
- Learn ways for parents to Participate/Support High Desert Hawks (Booster Club, SSC, ELAC, etc.)
- Complete meal application - Application may be completed online prior to registration day.
- Login to Aeries - Login and Document/Policy Review may be completed online prior to registration day.
August 11, 2022 - 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Office Closed for Staff to attend Professional Development
August 12, 2022 - 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Make-Up Registration Day
- If you are not available to register during your scheduled time, you may attend make-up registration day. Photos will only be taken on August 8-9 and are not available on the make-up registration day.
- Please note that course options can be significantly limited for students who wait until make-up registration to request course changes; we highly advise that you attend your scheduled registration date and time.
August 16, 2022 - 8:00am to 10:00am
- Office Closed for Staff to attend District Meeting
August 17, 2022 - 8:00 am
- First Day of School
- Classes begin Wednesday, August 17th, 2022. The first period bell rings at 8:00 am and school dismissal is at 1:10 pm for Early Release Wednesday.
August 18, 2022 - 8:00am
- Second Day of School and Regular Dismissal Day
- Classes begin at 8:00am and dismissal is at 2:20pm.
If you have any questions about the registration process or the first days of school, please contact us at (661) 269-0310.
August 7, 2022 Spanish Newsletter