Good evening High Desert Hawks and Families,
This month we are working on our AVID WICOR strategy for organization. Students will be learning to utilize their planner to record assignments, monitor their grades, and set goals for themselves. Please be sure that students have their planners with them each day and encourage them to show you their planner to support their organization goal this month.
One great way to support organization is to arrive to school on time. Students should arrive by 7:55am, when the first bell rings. Arrival by 7:55 ensures that students will be in their seats, ready to learn at 8:00am, the start of the school day. In the great words of Bo Schembechler, "Early is on time and on time is late." Let's work to be on time this week.
Hawk Happenings for the Week of September 5th:
Monday, September 5
Tuesday, September 6
- Volleyball Game at Knight Prep. - JV Girls 4:15, Varsity Girls 4:5, Varsity Boys 5:30
Wednesday, September 7
- HDS Booster Club Meeting 9:00am in Library
- Early Release - Dismissal @ 1:10pm
- 100-Mile Club 1:10-2:00pm
- Cross Country Practice 1:30-2:30pm
Thursday, September 8
- Varsity Volleyball Practice - Boys/Girls 12:30-2:00pm
- 100-Mile Club 2:20-3:00pm
Friday, September 9
- JV Volleyball Practice - Boys/Girls 2:30-4:00
- Cross Country Practice 2:30-3:30pm
- Hawks Pride - Wear HDS Colors
Save the Date for our Hawks Family Game Night on Thursday, September 15th starting at 5:30pm.
September 5, 2022 Newsletter
Have a great week and Go Hawks!