- High Desert School
- High Desert School
HDS Hawk Happenings Jan. 3, 2022
Posted by Michelle VanOrnum on 1/3/2022 6:00:00 PM
Weekly Flight Tips
As we begin second semester, we encourage our students to be efficient in their studies and get second semester off to a great start. Students should get a good night's sleep, eat a healthy breakfast, arrive to school on time, and pay attention in class. They can keep their spirits up by having a positive attitude. When working on schoolwork, be sure to put away distractions, keep their work area clean, and maintain focus so that they can complete their school work efficiently and effectively. In addition, we have included the global 1000 hours outside challenge. We encourage all HDS Hawks to take on this fun challenge in finding time to play outside. Please support these efforts from home by encouraging students to use these tips and get off to a great start for second semester.
Screener-19 and Temperature Checks
Beginning on Tuesday, January 4th, we will be implementing the use of Screener-19 at home self-screening as well as in-person temperature checks. A couple of things:
- Students or parents will go to https://www.screener19.com/, login in using their school e-mail, and complete the screening questions. Once you see a green checkmark, please proceed to school. Students should bring their ID if they have it. If they don't have an ID card, we will ask for the student's first and last name at the gate. For FASTEST ENTRY to the school, please complete the form prior to coming to campus. If you don't have a cell phone and you have lousy internet, see the office, and we will happily provide you a stack of paper screener forms you may complete prior to coming on campus for each day. Note: As of now, we are only screening staff and students in this extensive manner for two weeks.
- Temperature checks will be done by school staff at the gate prior to entering the school.
- The paper screener that was sent via e-mail is outdated and there are not currently any travel restrictions in the state of California. Students will only need to complete the Screener-19 and have their temperature checked.
- Mask wearing indoors will continue to be required. Mask wearing outside will now be required in crowded spaces where physical distancing is not feasible except when actively eating and drinking.
- It is recommended but not required that each of us, students and staff, get a COVID test prior to returning. If you are unable to do so, feel free to get it completed with Nurse Cari tomorrow, 1/4 at VHS. Take-home tests will also be available in the High Desert Office for pick up.
7th and 8th Grade Elective Schedules
Prior to break, our 7th and 8th grade students selected new electives. Students can view their elective class on Aeries and a schedule will be handed out in History classes. Students are expected to attend the classes on their schedule as listed. If there are any questions about schedules or elective classes, please e-mail Mrs. Van Ornum at email@example.com.
Week of January 3, 2022
Check out our printed Weekly Newsletter for highlights and photos as we remember Medal of Honor recipient Sgt. Gary Beikirch!
January 3, 2022 -
- NO SCHOOL
January 4, 2022 -
- HDS Booster Club Mtg. 8:45am
- 5th Grade Dance Force Practice 2:15-3:45pm
- 7/8th Handbells Practice 2:15-3:00pm
January 5, 2022 -
- 100-mile Club 2:15-2:45
January 6, 2022 -
- 6/7/8th Grade Dance Force Practice 2:15-3:45pm
January 7, 2022 -
- ASB Meeting 1:20-2:00pm
- Hawks Pride - Wear Green and Black
Soccer Tryouts -
- Girls - January 10 and 11 from 2:45-4:00pm at Meadowlark
- Boys - January 13 and 14 from 2:45-4:00pm at Meadowlark